If you own a smart android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a backup of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the LG Flash Tool.
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
- Unbrick any smartphone.
- Unroot any phone.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with LG Flash Tool.
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- The firmware you want to flash.
- A Windows PC.
- A Good Battery Backup
- USB Driver
- Download Tool
How to Flash your smartphone firmware using LG Flash Tool.
Install .kdz or .cab Firmware using LG Flash Tool
- Download and install the LG USB Driver on your Computer (if in case LG Drivers are already installed, then SKIP this step).
- Download and extract the LG Flash Tool on your computer. After extracting the tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, you need to boot your LG Device into the downloading mode. To boot into the downloading mode, you need to Press and Hold Volume UP button of your Mobile device and connect the USB cable to the Mobile device (make sure it is already connected to the computer first).
- Open LGFlashTool2014.exe.
- Once LG Flash Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- under the Select Type Drop Down, Choose CDMA.
- Click on the Select File button and Locate the Stock firmware (ROM) of your device (assuming you have already downloaded the stock firmware of your device).
- Click on the Normal Flash Button.
- Under the Phone read information dialog box, click on the Start Button.
- A Small Country and Language Dialog Box will open on the Screen. You need to Choose the Language as per your choice.
- After Choosing the Language, Click on OK button.
- The flashing process will start automatically and may take 5-10 minutes to complete (depending on the size of the firmware).
- Once flashing process is completed, your Mobile device will reboot automatically.
- Once your Mobile device is ready to use, disconnect it from the USB cable and Close the Flash Tool on your computer.
Congratulations! Now Exit the Flash Tool and disconnect the device from your computer.
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.
There are many problems you might experience while trying to flash your smartphone with Lenovo Downloader Tool, you can google them and will definitely find a solution.