If you own a smart android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a back up of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the LGUP Tool
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
You can use LGUP Tool to flash Stock ROM to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade your phone to Android KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo or later. It depends on the release of the firmware or your choice if the option is available.
- Unbrick any smartphone.
Like we said before, you can use LGUP Tool to completely unbrick any bricked smartphone. Smartphones can be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery.
- Unroot any phone.
You can also use your smartphone stock firmware to completely unroot any smartphone. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing the official stock firmware. It can be done by reverting back to the official stock firmware of your phone if your smartphone has tampered.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Your smartphone might develop an issue that might be unknown to it you, if it a software-related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware for your smartphone. Today, we are presenting all the Official Firmware, both Official releases and updates following it. You can download all your smartphone Firmware here. If you experience any problem with any of the files, don’t hesitate to tell us.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with LGUP Tool.
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- The firmware you want to flash.
- A Windows PC.
- A Good Battery Backup
- LG USB Drivers
- LGUP Tool
How to Flash your smartphone firmware using LGUP Tool.
- Step 1: Download Free LG UP and install the tool on the Windows PC
- Step 2: Install USB drivers if you have not yet installed
- Step 3: Now use a proper USB cable and connect the LG handset to the PC
- Step 4: Then you should see your LG smart device listed on the LGUP tool interface if it is successfully recognized. But in case if not, you should reconnect the device until it gets successfully connected
- Step 5: Now make sure the BIN file is chosen on the flash tool interface and it is directed in the File Path which is towards MM KDZ you must have downloaded in order to install on the LG Device
- Step 6: The important step here is to shut down LGUP tool
- Step 7: Then as the step next, launch LGUP once again where you should note that the certain MM KDZ file is showing in the file path section of the tool interface
- Step 8: If done, choose the option “REFURBISH” in the flash tool interface and see whether the BIN file is selected/ ticked. Then continue with option “Start”
- Step 9: Let the process steps forward and gets completed systematically. At the end of all processing, your LG device will restart. And if you are all done in the flashing process, you could unplug the device connected from the Windows PC
- Step 10: Restart once again and enjoy the freshly installed firmware on your LG device
- Wait for it to finish Flashing.
- Done, Reboot your phone.
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.
There are many problems you might experience while trying to flash your smartphone with LGUP Tool, you can google them and will definitely find a solution.