If you own a smart android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a back up of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the Qcom Phone Download Tools.
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
You can use the Qcom Phone Download Tools to flash Stock ROM to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade your phone to Android KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo or later. It depends on the release of the firmware or your choice if the option is available.
- Unbrick any smartphone.
Like we said before, you can use Qcom Phone Download Tools to completely unbrick any bricked smartphone. Smartphones can be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery.
- Unroot any phone.
You can also use your smartphone stock firmware to completely unroot any smartphone. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing the official stock firmware. It can be done by reverting back to the official stock firmware of your phone if your smartphone has tampered.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Your smartphone might develop an issue that might be unknown to it you, if it a software-related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware for your smartphone. Today, we are presenting all the Official Firmware, both Official releases and updates following it. You can download all your smartphone Firmware here. If you experience any problem with any of the files, don’t hesitate to tell us.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with Qcom Phone Download Tools.
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- The firmware you want to flash.
- A Windows PC.
- A Good Battery Backup
- Android USB driver
- Qcom Phone Download Tool
How to Flash your smartphone firmware using Qcom Phone Download Tools.
- Download and install the Android USB driver on your computer. If an android USB driver is already installed on your computer then Skip this Step.
- Download and extract the Qcom Phone Download Tool on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open GN_Qcom_Download_Tools.exe. Once Qcom Phone Download Tool is launched you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, Click the drop button and select the English Language.
- Now, under UpDataType select Save Production Data.
- Now, In the Softpath button click on the browse button and locate the firmware folder that you want to flash on your android device.
- Now, Click on the Start Download Button.
- Now, Connect your Android Device to the computer (make sure it is power off).
- Once your device is successfully connected to the computer flashing process will start automatically.
- Once Flashing is completed, disconnect your device from the computer.
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.