If you own a smart android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a back up of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the QcomDloader Tool.
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
You can use the QcomDloader Tool to flash Stock ROM to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade your phone to Android KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo or later. It depends on the release of the firmware or your choice if the option is available.
- Unbrick any smartphone.
Like we said before, you can use QcomDloader Tool to completely unbrick any bricked smartphone. Smartphones can be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery.
- Unroot any phone.
You can also use your smartphone stock firmware to completely unroot any smartphone. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing the official stock firmware. It can be done by reverting back to the official stock firmware of your phone if your smartphone has tampered.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Your smartphone might develop an issue that might be unknown to it you, if it a software-related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware for your smartphone. Today, we are presenting all the Official Firmware, both Official releases and updates following it. You can download all your smartphone Firmware here. If you experience any problem with any of the files, don’t hesitate to tell us.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with QcomDloader Tool.
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- The firmware you want to flash.
- A Windows PC.
- A Good Battery Backup
- Qualcomm USB Driver
- QcomDloader Tool
How to Flash your smartphone firmware using QcomDloader Tool.
- Download and install Qualcomm USB Driver on the Computer (if in case Qualcomm Drivers are already installed on the Computer, then SKIP this step).
- Download and extract QcomDloader Tool on the Computer. After extracting, you will be able to see the following files:
- Download Stock Firmware of your Qualcomm Device
- Open QcomDloader.exe to launch the tool:
- Once the tool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
Now, Click on the Load Button and locate the Qualcomm Firmware on the computer.
- Click on the Settings Button and Select Download Mode as Upgrade.
- Under Download Settings, Tick Validate Downloaded ROM.
- Now, Leave the eMMC Programmer, Raw program, Patch0 Box as it is. But, you may need to change it, if the name of the respected file is not the same as written in the Box.
For example: If you Open the Qualcomm Firmware Folder (assuming you have already downloaded the firmware), you will find various files of which three main files are read by QcomDloader to Flash the entire package, i.e., prog_emmc_firehose_8916.mbn, rawprogram_unparse.xml, patch0.xml.
If in case the eMMC file name is different, then write the exact name in QcomDloader, so that it can recognize the firmware.
Under chipset, ID write the Chipset number (here eMMC file name if prog_emmc_firehose_8936.mbn of which 8936 is the Chipset ID).
- Click OK to exit the configuration interface.
- Click on Start button:
- Turn Off the Device > Press and Hold Volume UP and Volume Down Button and Connect the Device to the computer using the USB cable (connect without leaving the volume buttons).
- Once your device is detected by the computer (you can leave the volume buttons), QcomDloader will automatically start the flashing process on your device. Once the Flashing process is completed, you will be able to see the Green Passed Message.
- Disconnect the device from the Computer and Close the QcomDloader Tool.
Congratulations! Now Restart your Mobile device, and you will be able to use it without any issue.
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.