If you own a smart android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a back up of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST).
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
You can use Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST) to flash Stock ROM to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade your phone to Android KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo or later. It depends on the release of the firmware or your choice if the option is available.
- Unbrick any smartphone.
Like we said before, you can use the Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST) to completely unbrick any bricked smartphone. Smartphones can be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery.
- Unroot any phone.
You can also use your smartphone stock firmware to completely unroot any smartphone. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing the official stock firmware. It can be done by reverting back to the official stock firmware of your phone if your smartphone has tampered.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Your smartphone might develop an issue that might be unknown to it you, if it a software-related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware for your smartphone. Today, we are presenting all the Official Firmware, both Official releases and updates following it. You can download all your smartphone Firmware here. If you experience any problem with any of the files, don’t hesitate to tell us.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST).
How to Flash your smartphone firmware using Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST).
- Download and Install Qualcomm USB Driver on your Computer, if you have it on your computer, you can skip this part.
- Download and Install QPST Tool on your Computer, Once you have finished installing the tool, Go to C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\QPST\bin Folder. There you will be able to see these files.
- Connect your Qualcomm device using a USB Cable
- Open QPST Config
- Once the QPST Configuration is Launched, Click on Port Menu
- Click on Start Client Menu and Select Software Download
- You will be able to see QPST Software Download Dialog Box
- Click on Phone Image Browse Button and Locate The Firmware (hex.) on the computer that you want to flash on the Qualcomm Device.
- Under the Boot Image, Click on the Browse button, locate the BOOT_LOADER.HEX file which comes with the firmware.
- Click On the Start Button to begin the flash process
- Once the flashing is completed you will see a Green Bar at the end of the flashing
- Done, Reboot your phone.
If the Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST) didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.
There are many problems you might experience while trying to flash your smartphone with Qualcomm Product Support Tool (QPST), you can google them and will definitely find a solution.